Complete 3D Stereo Solutions – 3D Mouse options
The ideal measurement devices for GIS, photogrammetry and 3D LiDAR mapping
Our ergonomic, lightweight, and accurate 3D mouse hand-held controllers offer unparalleled ease of use and comfortable two-handed operation in all stereo 3D applications, requiring the precise capture or editing of 3D data. The 3D mouse input devices listed below and available through Schneider Digital, are supported by all major Geo-software applications and brands:
Stealth 3D Mouse - Features & Advantages
- USB plug-and-play compatibility. (COM port still available if required)
- Supported by ALL Photogrammetric Application Software
- Made in USA and design-protected by USA Patent numbers D457, 884 (S1), D615,980 (S3), D718,309 (S4)
- Manufacturer Warranty Repair and hardware & software support at our Sales & Services Centers
- Comfortable two-handed operational grip for GIS, Photogrammetry, LiDAR and 3D Mapping applications use
- Optical mouse mechanism for precise, fast and high-resolution tracking that works well on ALL non-reflective surfaces and requires no maintenance
- High-resolution Z-wheel with 1.024 steps per revolution providing fast and accurate Z pointing
- High-precision X-Y laser navigation for accurate planar positioning control. Soft acting force, long-life buttons rated at 10 million cycles for maximum productivity
Softmouse 3D – Features & Advantages
- High-precision X,Y laser navigation. X,Y resolution adjustable to 400, 800, 1200 or 1600 counts per inch
- High-resolution Z control at 1200 counts per revolution
- Soft-acting force, high-reliability buttons
- Smooth silicone top and rear button caps
- 6 feet of USB cable with strain relief
- Virtual serial port emulation for legacy software support
- New direct USB data interface available
- Software Development Kit available to software developers
- Supports Windows 7 and XP in 32 and 64 bits
- Has been tested with the following applications*: ImageStation™, KLT Atlas™, PurVIEW™, Socet GXP™, Socet Set™, Stereo Analyst™, Summit Evolution™, LPS™, Virtuozo™, and others supporting the old Immersion™ mouse
3D controller for CAx applications: 3DConnexion & SpaceController
3D controllers provide a comfortable and natural way to interact with digital content in the world’s most popular CAD and creative applications, making it easier to focus on your task rather than interacting with your software.
It takes care of positioning your model or view and provides access to your favourite application commands, freeing up your normal mouse to do what it was designed for – moving the cursor to select, edit and create. Not only does this balanced and co-operative work style simply feel good, it enhances comfort by reducing mouse use and increases productivity. If you use more than one 3D application, you don’t need to adjust to different navigation methods as you switch between them.
The 3D Connexion Controller has its origins in robotics and space science. CAD 3D controllers are now also available in a wireless version to meet the requirements of engineers, designers and architects using 3D applications.
The SpaceController allows rotation around each axis so that you have six degrees of freedom – under your control. The SpaceController is the ideal input device for CAD construction.
The most powerful graphics cards for 3D stereo applications!
Benefit from professional Graphics Card with Quad-Buffer
Most stereo-capable software applications under Linux, iOS and Windows have implemented the advanced Quad-Buffer OpenGL / DirectX / Vulkan support. The applications-dependent Quad-Buffer feature provides maximum flexibility and user-friendliness:
Both, stereoscopic content and monoscopic application menus, documents or open web browser tabs can be arranged freely at the same time on the 3D PluraView. Multiple stereo windows at different sizes can be displayed, even multiple stereoscopic applications can be active at the same time!
Altogether, this results in a much more productive stereo work-environment, with application menus and stereowindows on the same screen. Since 2012, all NVIDIA Quadro and all AMD FirePro™ or AMD Radeon™ Pro cards listed in this document fully support this feature, even with their newest drivers and in the latest Microsoft Windows 10, Version 21H1. After the official release from Microsoft Windows 11 in November 2021, we will certainly update this list.
Even for those customers, who continue to work under the Windows XP or Windows 2000 operating system, we can still supply NVIDIA QuadroFX AGP-BUS cards that are compatible with our 3D PluraView 22” Full-HD monitor
Every workstation or laptop equipped with a dual-output graphics card is compatible with the 3D PluraView monitors. Professional NVIDIA Quadro or AMD FirePro™ / Radeon™ Pro graphics card with Quad-Buffer support provides the maximum flexibility and best user-experience together with all 3D PluraView monitors including the 2,5K and the 4K versions.
AMD RadeonPRO & NVIDIA Quadro
The right choice of graphics cards plays a key role to meet your performance and reliability demands!
High-End graphics cards
Schneider Digital has more than 25 Years of experience recommending and configuring professional graphic cards for our customer base. We have been pioneers in the graphics card market and were indeed the first reseller for both NVIDIA and AMD graphic cards in Europe.
High-End graphic cards, such as the quad-buffered AMD Radeon Pro W6800 or the NVIDIA RTX A6000 feature between 32GB and 48GB of memory, which accelerates parallel processing tasks substantially due to increased tilesize per computation unit. Such high-end cards can also be stacked, i.e. multiple graphic cards can be integrated in our Schneider Digital workstations. Often, this approach provides the optimum price-performance balance for our customers, based on their specific throughput and computation requirements.
The six 4K monitor outputs on the AMD Radeon PRO W6800 allow you to control simultaneously four monoscopic monitors and a dual-screen 3D PluraView stereo seat with just one graphics card. Even two 3D PluraView stereo monitors with side-screens can be operated simultaneously with this solution.
The development of professional software applications makes increasing use of parallel computing on the GPU and fast GDDR/HBM memory resources that high-end graphic cards offer. A prime and highly visible example are AI applications with neural networks to be trained and then unleashed on massive amounts of video and still-imaging datasets for pattern/object recognition, achieving matching results nearly in real-time.
Serious, GPU-intensive tasks in the geospatial domain are for instance image matching and georeferencing and the computation of high-resolution 3D mesh models. Such typical tasks can efficiently be computed in parallel by GPU Tensor Cores (NVIDIA) and their equivalent-functionality Stream Processors (SP’s) on AMD cards. The latest generation graphic cards support PCIe 4.0, doubling the data bandwidth compared to the previous PCIe 3.0 standard. Doubling the graphics memory improves the efficiency of GPU computations by up to 40% for large 3D models! Larger raster tiles can be loaded and therefore less overlapping information has to be processed.
Perfect driver configuration
The use of the correct, high-performance driver is just as important, because only the optimum interaction between hardware, operating system, graphics card driver and 3D application ensures maximum performance. Only through the immense development and maintenance effort from AMD and NVIDIA, are smooth operations with optimal results guaranteed.
OpenGL for maximum performance
If the OpenGL core is up to date, the graphic memory bandwidth measured by GB/sec and main memory size of the graphics card is more significant. OpenGL commands are initially loading the complete model into the graphics card RAM. All further changes are triggered by short OpenGL commands to the GPU and are executed directly at the graphic memory level. The modified display result is transferred to the monitor output ports immediately.
High-End Workstation-Solutions for demanding Data Processing
Schneider Digital has specialized in customized hardware solutions for professional 3D graphics applications since 1995.
Our focus for the configuration and build of high-performance workstations and servers is on uncompromising quality and perfect matching of all components. We guarantee a reliable, long service life with the option to upgrade individual components at a later stage.
Through our close cooperation with hardware manufacturers, software companies, universities and research institutes, we have first-hand knowledge about the latest hardware and software developments. Equally important to us is the close and trusted contact to our global hardware customers. This extensive knowledgebase is really key to building workstation solutions that are tailored to your specific requirements, meet and exceed your expectations.
The challenge for geospatial applications is the combination of loading large amounts of data quickly and visualizing them stereoscopically on a suitable 3D monitor. Latency-free work with extensive 3D-stereo datasets, such as detailed, large-area 3D models is only possible, if all hardware and software components are perfectly matched.
As a specialized hardware systems manufacturer, we also have detailed knowledge about the main 3D software applications for CAD/CAM/CAE, GIS and photogrammetry, but also for 3D city models, BIM, architecture, oil & gas reservoir modeling and the specialized fields of medical imaging, such as 3D tomography modeling, molecular simulation and design.
- Latest Intel XEON, AMD EPYC or AMD Ryzen
- Threadripper PRO technology
- High clock-speed processors (up to 2x 38 cores on the Intel XEON platform, up to 2x 64 cores with AMD Threadripper PRO and EPYC)
- Up to 4-TB fast DDR4 ECC RAM
- Up to four (4x) high-end graphic cards for AI, CUDA and OpenCL applications in a single workstation
- High-performance NVMe RAID with write and read speeds of more than 25,000 MB/s and 256-TB internal SSD storage capacity
- Optional, ultra-fast 100-GbE LAN connection
- IPMI interface for secure and complete remote workstation management
- 19“ rack-mount solutions, also for distributed cluster processing
- We use only highest-quality components